OBIEE 184.108.40.206.0 New Features (documentation)
OBIEE 220.127.116.11.0 has been released on May 15, 2015. There is a portion of interesting new features. I'll try some of them later and write about it. For now here is the list of new features from documentation. Documentation (New Features) is available here and here.
Almost complete list of documented new features is:
- Whole Rpd Checkout Option Added to Multiuser Menu
- Improvements to Aggregate Persistence
- Initialization Block Written in JSON Syntax
- This release provides the ability to use variables to override values in selection steps. A variables used to override selection steps must use an initialization block with its initialization string written in JSON syntax. See Initialization Strings Used in Variables to Override Selection Steps for more information.
- Translation Keys
- New Administration Tool Options
- Script Added to Upgrade DataDirect Drivers
- Cloudera Impala Supported
- Oracle BI EE now supports Cloudera Impala as a database. The DataDirect Connect ODBC driver needed to connect to Impala is now provided. See Configuring the DataDirect Connect ODBC Driver for Cloudera Impala Database and Setting up Cloudera Impala Data Sources
- Access to Hyperion Planning Data Sources
- Oracle BI EE now supports Hyperion Planning as a data source. See Importing Data From Hyperion Planning Data Sources for more information
- Expanded Oracle 12c Database Support
- New Properties for Full-Text Search
- New or Enhanced Configuration Elements
- Configuring for Graphs and Gauges — The DefaultWebImageType element now supports the html5 format for rendering images. See Manually Configuring for Graphs and Gauges.
- Configuring Settings for Fetching Data for Table Views, Pivot Table Views, and Trellis Views — The DefaultFreezeHeadersWidth and Default FreezeHeadersHeight elements are available to specify the default width and height of table views, pivot table views, and trellis views that use scrolling as the method to browse data. See Manually Configuring Settings for Fetching Data for Table Views, Pivot Table Views, and Trellis Views.
- Enabling the Ability to Export Dashboard Pages to Oracle BI Publisher — The EnableDashPageExport element has been enhanced to include the ability to export dashboard pages to BI Publisher for custom export layouts as well custom print layouts. For more information, see Enabling the Ability to Export Dashboard Pages to Oracle BI Publisher.
- New NQSconfig.INI Settings
- Debugging Agents Using Fusion Middleware Control
And a few features are mentioned in the certification matrix instead of main doc.
- MS Windows 8.1 is now supported for Administration tool! At last. Windows 8 was released almost three years ago and 8.1 more than two.
- Only 64bit client systems are supported for Administration tool. Although there is support for some Linux 32 bit distributives, but Windows 32 bit is no longer supported for both client and server sides. But 32 bit Admin tool still can be download from the main page and (possible) installed.
- Only Samsung Galaxy S4 and S5 are supported for Android Oracle BI Mobile. Not a big loss I think.
OBIEE specialist since 2007 and Oracle Discoverer before. DWH architect, BI enthusiast, blogger. Lazy cats owner. All opinions are my own and not the views of my employer.